I can almost guarantee you aren't the first to try anything in brewing, and everyone loves to write about what they've done - and many want to help others if you ask. So, here are some useful links. (If you would like to be added to these lists, please just drop us a line)
- http://fb.com/groups/southyeasters - SouthYeasters facebook group. How could I not put us up first?
- http://www.wortsandall.co.za - A South African based homebrew discussion group. A small forum but with lots of local content and local homebrewers who can help.
- https://www.homebrewtalk.com - A US based website and forum. Well worth the read!
- https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/ - American homebrewers association, the biggest grouping of homebrew clubs in the US, with plenty of award winning recipes.
- BeerGuevara - Ingredients, Equipment, Training
- Beerlab - Ingredients, Equipment, Training
- BevPlus/BeerPlus - Ingredients, Equipment
- Worts & All List - A larger, national list on the Worts & All forum (not maintained for a while)
- We also have a long list of other suppliers, mainly equipment, send us an email with a specific ask, but here are a few: Brew Engineers (Kettles), Electrical Industries (Kegging Parts), Flex-It (Camlock fittings), Multi-Metal (Stainless fittings). Also bulk/wholesalers such as AfricaHops (Whitelabs yeast, Barth-Haas Hops, Simpsons Malts).
- How to Brew - The place to start
- Brulosophy - Do experiments that challenge the conventional wisdoms
- Milk the Funk - all about sour and wild beers and techniques
- Craft beer and brewing - general brewing publication with useful articles and recipes
- BJCP - Beer Judge Certification Programme (contact us if you want to know more)
- Brewdog - Scottish brewery that share all their recipes - look for DIY Dog on the website (sorry, link moves around)